Exhibition News

Global hydrogen energy investment will increase to US $500 billion within 10 years

2021-08-19 15:35:04

Recently, the international Hydrogen Energy Commission released a report saying that with the acceleration of global climate action, the momentum of hydrogen energy deployment continues to rise. Since February this year, 131 large-scale hydrogen energy development projects have been announced worldwide, and the total number of global projects has reached 359. It is estimated that by 2030, the global investment in hydrogen energy will surge to US $500 billion.

According to the report, of the total investment of US $500 billion, about US $150 billion will be used for existing "mature" hydrogen energy projects, that is, those hydrogen energy projects that have been planned, or have passed the final investment decision, or are under construction or operation. Based on this, the report predicts that by 2030, the annual production capacity of low hydrocarbon will exceed 10 million tons, an increase of more than 60% over the level predicted in February this year. Among them, 70% of the production capacity will be hydrogen production from renewable energy, and the remaining 30% will be "blue hydrogen" produced by using fossil fuels but using carbon capture and storage technology at the same time.

It is noteworthy that the report points out that China is expected to lead the development of global hydrogen energy industry in the future. It is estimated that by 2050, the proportion of hydrogen energy in China's energy field is expected to reach 10%. The report also shows that at present, China has announced 53 large-scale hydrogen energy projects, of which the projects with a total value of about US $17 billion are considered "mature" by the industry.

Benot Potier, CO chairman of the international Hydrogen Energy Commission and chairman and CEO of Air Liquide, said: "hydrogen energy has become a core element of carbon neutralization investment plans in many countries. A large number of hydrogen energy projects are being prepared all over the world, and all countries are stepping up the development of hydrogen energy industry. "

Daryl Wilson, executive director of the international Hydrogen Energy Commission, also said: "countries around the world are uniting to rapidly expand the application of clean technology. The key role of hydrogen energy in the transformation of clean energy has been consolidated. In the next 10 years, it is expected that large-scale hydrogen energy projects will account for 1 / 3 of the total growth of hydrogen energy. Hydrogen energy will help countries achieve the ultimate goal of clean energy transformation. "